Connecting Communities is a GLA/ESF funded contract to support residents across 12 London boroughs into training and sustainable work.
It is a 15 month programme aimed at building confidence and skills so that our local residents are prepared and able to access opportunities in the local economy.
Each borough has their own experienced team to work with local residents. Participants will get one-to-one tailored support from a dedicated caseworker. They will be supported to identify their job goals and aspirations and take steps towards creating a new brighter future for themselves.
In addition to employability support, this will include:
• Helping participants to improve their basic skills
• Supporting participants to access training courses relevant to their chosen career path
• Building confidence and self-belief and
• Signposting to local community partners for support with other barriers to work.
Our Employer Engagement Officers will work closely with employers to ensure supported entry into local opportunities that match the job goals of our participants. Our aim is to ensure that whatever support is required it can be accessed easily through Connecting Communities.
• 18-24 yrs old and not currently in employment, education or training (NEET)
• 25+ and not currently in work or receiving support from another ESF programme.
• Resident in: City of London, Camden, Haringey, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Kensington & Chelsea, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, Westminster, Hackney or Southwark.
If you know anyone who would benefit from this support then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org